If you haven’t already felt it, the algorithm is changing yet again, and now with the introduction with invisible likes, a lot of businesses and brands are feeling left behind. If you’re struggling with reach and engagement here’s my top 10 ways to get back in the Instagram game.
1. Add to your stories consistently and more than just one or two uploads a day. Make it an actual story; what are you doing? Where are you going? What are you currently working on in your business? What do you do when you get home? People will become much more invested in you if they know more about/your business.
2. Engage with other accounts’ content. This is a bit of a no-brainer but you would be surprised how often people scroll endlessly and forget to actually engage with other content on Instagram. Feeling uninspired? Check out my article 5 ways to engage with people on Instagram that’s not just liking their photos.
3. Get more creative with your content. Don’t put content out there just for the sake of it. If you’re not super proud of it, and feel like it’s exciting, beautiful and creative, why will other people care about it?
4. Collaborate on content so that it goes further and more people are sharing it. Got some like-minded biz friends? Grab your products, head to a park or a pretty space with some flowers and props and take some photos. Everyone then gets to use those photos, and gets tagged and seen by other audiences. It’s a win-win-win.
5. Get OFF Instagram. Head to networking events, go for coffee, remember there is a whole world outside of Instagram. This is important for your community, but also your mental health.
6. Use new features if they are being rolled out, the algorithm will favor accounts that utilize new features.
7. Create and share video content. IGTV is still booming, make sure you get on that train and get eyeballs on your videos, most of the time people will be more engaged in your photos if they have taken the time to watch video content.
8. Tag people in comments when you’re engaging with content, creating conversation is the best way to make new Instagram friends.
9. Think about your caption; captions are a great way to share meaningful content, so don’t just write “Happy Monday” or “Love these beautiful flowers”, make sure you’re telling your followers something worth reading.
10. Slide into DM’s. I can’t recommend this one enough, react to stories, comment on stories, send accounts encouraging DM’s. This will help you create new relationships and potential opportunities, as well as pushing your content higher in the feeds of people you talk to regularly in Instagram DM’s.
Hopefully I’ve helped you get clearer on what you should be doing with your time on Instagram, had success with one of these strategies? Make sure you slide into my DM’s and tell me about it.